Establishing a limited company in Hong Kong
A limited company has to be registered in accordance with the Companies Ordinance and Business Registration Ordinance.
The followings are information required for the setting up of a private limited company in Hong Kong:-
1. Name of the Company (in either English or Chinese or in both) to be incorporated, which must NOT be the same with an existing company incorporated in Hong Kong.
2. Structure of Share capital
Number of shares, amount and currency of capital to be registered, and allocation of shares among shareholders.
3. Name,Identification numbers, Address/Registered office of the followings are required:
a. 1 or more shareholders
b. 1 or more directors
c. 1 or more company secretaries
4. The intended Registered address in Hong Kong of the company to be incorporated.
5. The intended main business activity.
A shareholder or a director can either be a natural person over 18 years of age and of any nationality or an incorporated body. However, there must be at least 1 director who is a natural person.
A company secretary must be a Hong Kong resident over 18 years old or a body corporate having its registered office or place of business in Hong Kong.
A shareholder can serve as a director.
A shareholder or director can serve as the company secretary. However, in case the company has only one director, the sole director cannot serve as the company secretary.
Fees and charges related to the setting up and maintaining a private limited company in Hong Kong are as follows:-
1. Incorporation fee of HK$7,200, including all related registration fees and charges
2. Annual Business Registration Fee of HK$2,250.
3. We can act as Company secretary at the annual retainer fee of HK$3,500.
4. We can provide a registered office at the annual fee of HK$3,500.
5. Annual Statutory Audit Fee – charged on a time basis from HK$350 to HK$500 per hour.
6. Accounting Work – charged on a time basis of HK$320 - HK$400 per hour.
We can complete within 1 working day the incorporation and registration procedures.